Reporting to the Director, Analytics, this position is responsible for completing financial reports and analysis of monthly, quarterly utilization and annual renewal reports for our Group Life and Health clients.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare experience reviews as required;
- Gather all information required to complete annual renewal report;
- Analyze renewal rating based on formulas, knowledge of carrier, current trends and other related factors;
- Discuss renewal strategy with Consultants and negotiate with carriers;
- Prepare renewal presentations with commentary to support rating recommendations;
- Preparation of internal commission projections;
- Audit insurer’s financial statements on retention and ASO accounts;
- Prepare costings for benefit plan alternates (this would cover off union negotiations);
- Compare pricing and financial details from various insurers in conjunction with marketing client’s benefit plan;
- Strong working knowledge of pricing for flex plans and lag studies;
- Annual budgeting of benefit plans for clients;
- Renewal projections for clients;
- Taxable benefit analysis;
- Internal and external KPI reporting;
- Peer review work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 + years as an Analyst/Underwriter in the Group Life and Health industry;
- University Degree/College Diploma or equivalent experience;
- GBA, CEBS designation or working towards;
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and CRM;
- Excellent written skills;
- Renewal and amendment pricing;
- Analytical and numerical skills;
- Ability to manage time sensitive deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Individual Agent License (LLQP) or willing to work towards;
- Proficient in written/spoken French an asset.
CORE COMPENTENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent communication skills excelling in areas of negotiation;
- Sound judgement, ethics and integrity;
- Highly driven and self-motivated;
- Responsible for making work a fun and enjoyable environment;
- Strong customer service and caring attitude;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
Maintain a valid driver’s license period travel may be required.
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.