Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and executing day-to-day communications (internal and external) and thought-leadership activities. This position is uniquely aligned with the VIP (high-net worth) client segment serviced within our Wealth, Personal Lines, and Asset Management practices. As such, qualified applicants should be able to demonstrate their understanding of this segment—and the distinctive needs/expectations of this audience and market.
In this role, you will work closely with subject matter experts, Line of Business Leaders, and Relationship Managers in the refinement and development of customized content in support of client communications, new business initiatives, and the delivery of service excellence.
In support of marketing, client support, and new business generation, you will assist in keeping the team on top of industry trends and developments, maintain project priorities and timelines, and research new opportunities that would benefit the growth of the segment.
As a key member of the marketing and communications team, you will utilize your strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, to work closely with internal teams (marketing, distribution, executives, and industry leaders) and external resources (media, customers, industry partners) on a regular basis.
This job is right for you if:
- You understand how to disseminate information and content based on the audience need and medium;
- You have exceptional writing, proofing, and language skills;
- You maintain a high-level of productivity and consistently seek to add value to the planning and execution process;
- You are excited to apply your creativity to promote Cowan products and services;
- You comfortable navigating organizational structure and working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of projects;
- You are confident that your project management skills will help you to manage competing priorities;
- Your proven ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure will help to you remain focused on the task at hand;
- You are a proactive and strong team player able to interact across organizational levels to support business goals;
- You understand that there may be other duties as assigned and are comfortable going with the flow to meet organizational needs.
- BA in English, Communications, Humanities, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 3 years writing for marketing or communications experience; experience in a corporate setting
- Experience in a B2C environment; insurance/wealth preferred
- Experience using online publishing tools (CMS), and internal CRM/BMS systems
- Advanced skill within the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Self-starter with strong business curiosity and an intrinsic desire to continually learn and grow
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (please submit writing samples along with resume/application) for engaging a range of audiences
- A strategic and proactive thinker with proven tactical execution capabilities
- Able to take highly technical information and develop it into engaging content that is both easily understood and relevant to the success of the business
- Ability to efficiently develop and edit content for internal and external communications and sales tools – should work at an above average pace with a high level of accuracy and engagement