The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day-to-day operations, and multi-line engagement of the Technology Segment’s sales personnel as well as relationship management of the Industry’s centres of influence. He/she will ensure the delivery of superior sales and service along with strategic marketing to the segment to maximize revenue and net new growth. This combination of accountabilities requires strong relationship management skills to work effectively across the organization and with key stakeholders across the industry. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the existing portfolio as well as supporting the pursuit of new business through effective prospecting and cross lines selling of existing clients by the Technology Segment sales personnel.
This dynamic individual will be accountable for:
- Working with and across all the leadership teams and lines of business leaders within the group of companies to support integrated sales activities and profitable growth;
- He/she will be a public “face” of the Company, in managing key industry relationships through associations, industry events and with marquee clients.
- Managing the monthly and quarterly reporting cycles and be responsible for the following metrics for the technology sector: direct operating contribution, profitability, total revenue growth across all lines of business, vertical integration of the sale within the group of companies, net new business, average revenue per client and annual revenue retention.
- Supporting the Industry Leader, Technology in the development of the technology segment business and marketing plans to meet corporate objectives for increased average revenue, net new business, retention, organic and profitable growth;
- Supporting the Industry Leader, Technology in their leadership and coaching of the technology direct sales and sales support roles at Cowan Insurance Group along with effective leadership for ongoing employee growth and development;
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of sales management, relationship management or business development experience, ideally in the Property and Casualty or Benefits Consulting industry. Strong market relationships or technology industry relationships would be an asset
- Strong social skills and confidence required to succeed
- Customer-centric, friendly and professional at all times
- Demonstrated consultative approach to selling and highly developed sales and customer service skills
- Exceptional organization skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Collaboration and influencing skills including a demonstrated track record of having established strong internal and external relationships at all levels, along with a track record of building long standing relationships with clients;
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills to identify opportunities for growth;
- A demonstrated ability to work as a team member in an intellectually vibrant, collaborative and growth oriented environment;
- An engaging, approachable, open and transparent style and will thrive on a high level of interaction with others;
- With strong decision making skills, he/she is an active listener and strives to fully understand problems and issues at hand within an accountability structure;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products along with proficiency with social media and willingness to work with emerging digital tools; previous experience with TAM is an asset
- RIBO License is required or ability to obtain RIBO
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.